A couple of emulator problems

So I have a couple of new problems with my increasing herd of emus.

First, one of my older emus started behaving strangely lately. It starts up and begins to run perfectly, but after it has been on awhile, it decides that it needs to re-strike the lamp... even though the lamp is already struck, and burning perfectly. I've poked around a bit but was wondering if anybody has seen this before. I've tried 2 different logic boards, and multiple lamps (that all work perfectly in other fixtures), but it always behaves the same. Makes me think is a Power Supply or wiring issue. It, of course has no luck striking an already struck lamp, so after it has tried 3 or 4 times, it extinguishes the lamp and shuts down.

Secondly, I just acquired another emu. It's the cleanest i've ever seen. Looks bran new inside. not a speck of dust on the fan or pcbs. I'm starting to think maybe it never was used, since when you power it up, after homing the wheels and scanners, it just sits there. it doesn't attempt to strike the bulb at all. Again, I've tried multiple lamps, that work perfectly in other fixtures (plus, even if it was a bad lamp, it would TRY to strike the lamp, this one doesn't even try). It behaves the same whether its in setup, self-test, or normal operating mode. This one has the newer board in it, so I can't swap the board out without modifying the wiring, since the connectors are different, so I haven't tried another logic board in it, but I did try different eproms.

Any idea what might be wrong with these two birds?
Parents Reply Children
No Data
Related