Cyber software update worth the effort?

Hi Folks,

We have 5 Cybers with software versions 72, 70 & 61. What is the last version? Is there any advantage to updating them?

Cheers,

Scotty.
Parents
  • Much appreciated! I'll have to check and see what my -SV's are on, and make the update if needed.

I am probably the oddity in this regard, but in many ways, I prefer prom based upgrades to a lot of the uploadable stuff . . . mainly because a prom burner is not a proprietary (and frequently absurdly priced) item unlike a lot of the other solutions out there . . . Yeah, more work, but no more orphaned upload dongles and other monuments to questionable designs. Yeah, you have to get into every fixture, which I grant is a pain in the a$$, but at least you know you will have the correct tool . . .

- Tim
  • Much appreciated! I'll have to check and see what my -SV's are on, and make the update if needed.

I am probably the oddity in this regard, but in many ways, I prefer prom based upgrades to a lot of the uploadable stuff . . . mainly because a prom burner is not a proprietary (and frequently absurdly priced) item unlike a lot of the other solutions out there . . . Yeah, more work, but no more orphaned upload dongles and other monuments to questionable designs. Yeah, you have to get into every fixture, which I grant is a pain in the a$$, but at least you know you will have the correct tool . . .

- Tim
Children
No Data
Related