Stduio color 575s, CMY needs Lubrication?

I have 2 Studio color 575s, the CMY seems to make noise as in needing Lubrication during color cycles? Can I use something like an silicon grease to lubricate?, or should there be any lubrication at all?
Parents
  • The word I got on this when I refurbed a couple of older Colors a couple of years ago was that High End ran them dry, or used some exotic stupid-expensive synthetic grease. Myself, when I rebuilt mine, I cleaned the shafts to totally devoid of anything, and used a very, very, VERY (did I mention VERY?) thin film of high temp brake caliper grease, and it has been working like a champ for several years . . . .

The trick is to either use nothing, or something that will not run and get into the optics. The stuff I found was rated to something like 600 degrees, which I felt was pretty unlikely in a movers optics . . .

- Tim
  • The word I got on this when I refurbed a couple of older Colors a couple of years ago was that High End ran them dry, or used some exotic stupid-expensive synthetic grease. Myself, when I rebuilt mine, I cleaned the shafts to totally devoid of anything, and used a very, very, VERY (did I mention VERY?) thin film of high temp brake caliper grease, and it has been working like a champ for several years . . . .

The trick is to either use nothing, or something that will not run and get into the optics. The stuff I found was rated to something like 600 degrees, which I felt was pretty unlikely in a movers optics . . .

- Tim
Children
No Data
Related