Stduio color 575s, CMY needs Lubrication?

I have 2 Studio color 575s, the CMY seems to make noise as in needing Lubrication during color cycles? Can I use something like an silicon grease to lubricate?, or should there be any lubrication at all?
Parents
  • I was tolld by High End dry lube or nothing . . . and I tend to agree. Dirt in the iris would definitely not be good. Just flushing them out with something that leaves no residue (I think I hosed mine with brake parts cleaner or something similar . . .) will work wonders in freeing them up.

- Tim

[quote=Misebeam;40427]AH,
    I just finished performing a PM on my units. Found I need some new belts, and a lot of derbis on the color wheel shafts. Cleaned, and lube with a tiny tiny tiny bit of the high temp caliper grease.

I noticed that the iris was "dragging" when it is almost open, they look clean, but I did not know if I could put some grease in them.
  • I was tolld by High End dry lube or nothing . . . and I tend to agree. Dirt in the iris would definitely not be good. Just flushing them out with something that leaves no residue (I think I hosed mine with brake parts cleaner or something similar . . .) will work wonders in freeing them up.

- Tim

[quote=Misebeam;40427]AH,
    I just finished performing a PM on my units. Found I need some new belts, and a lot of derbis on the color wheel shafts. Cleaned, and lube with a tiny tiny tiny bit of the high temp caliper grease.

I noticed that the iris was "dragging" when it is almost open, they look clean, but I did not know if I could put some grease in them.
Children
No Data
Related