Uploading pixelage

Hello,

I am getting ready for my first use of the showpix and Echo software.

I've made my pixelage template and added my files...
I was wondering how long the upload process takes for the showpix fixtures?
I imagine to some extent it varies by file size.... I am trying to determine if I need to send the echo files to the shop prior to load in or if there is time onsite for this.

Also, I just want to confirm, Is uploading still limited to one DMX line at a time? Are merge boxes and splitters ok to have in line? Does the Echo software use the fixtures unique fixture ID when assigning content over multiple universes since some fixtures will have the "same" dmx address

How do most of you go about working this? I am just trying to understand the best approach.

Thanks!
Parents
  • > was wondering how long the upload process takes
    > for the showpix fixtures?

Anywhere from a few seconds to a few hours depending on the size and complexity. If you have the option to pre-load your content when you're not under time pressure, then do it. Especially if it's your first time.

> Are merge boxes and splitters ok to have in line?

Any inline processing gear must support bidirectional communication. Currently, echo requires both LWR Talkback and RDM support. There are bidirectional splitters on the market from the usual suspects, but I'm not aware of any bidirectional mergers.

> Does the Echo software use the fixtures unique fixture
    > ID when assigning content over multiple universes since
    > some fixtures will have the "same" dmx address

The PIX fixtures use RDM to transfer content. Each fixture has an RDM Unique ID assigned at the factory.
  • > was wondering how long the upload process takes
    > for the showpix fixtures?

Anywhere from a few seconds to a few hours depending on the size and complexity. If you have the option to pre-load your content when you're not under time pressure, then do it. Especially if it's your first time.

> Are merge boxes and splitters ok to have in line?

Any inline processing gear must support bidirectional communication. Currently, echo requires both LWR Talkback and RDM support. There are bidirectional splitters on the market from the usual suspects, but I'm not aware of any bidirectional mergers.

> Does the Echo software use the fixtures unique fixture
    > ID when assigning content over multiple universes since
    > some fixtures will have the "same" dmx address

The PIX fixtures use RDM to transfer content. Each fixture has an RDM Unique ID assigned at the factory.
Children
No Data
Related