Studio spot 575 lamp issues

Hello to all fellow squints :confused:,

Could really use someone's expertise here. I just replaced my studio spot igniter card, and the instrument will not strike the lamp for more than about an hour without losing the lamp. Does anyone have any ideas as to how or why this is happening and how can I permanently fix it? Thanks very much!
Parents
  • [quote=Wrecker;42124]Hello to all fellow squints :confused:,

Could really use someone's expertise here. I just replaced my studio spot igniter card, and the instrument will not strike the lamp for more than about an hour without losing the lamp. Does anyone have any ideas as to how or why this is happening and how can I permanently fix it? Thanks very much!

I had one doing that when on the wrong voltage, but it was a magnetic ballast Studio Color M. Strapped for 208 on slightly low 240 - ran like a champ for about an hour, and the lost arc. Corrected voltage, and all is well . . . .

Have you tried a different lamp? Sometimes that can be a symptom of an old lamp as well . . . .

- Tim
  • [quote=Wrecker;42124]Hello to all fellow squints :confused:,

I had one doing that when on the wrong voltage, but it was a magnetic ballast Studio Color M. Strapped for 208 on slightly low 240 - ran like a champ for about an hour, and the lost arc. Corrected voltage, and all is well . . . .

Have you tried a different lamp? Sometimes that can be a symptom of an old lamp as well . . . .

- Tim
Children
No Data
Related