Cyberlight or X.Spot

Everyone,

I am looking at purchasing some used lights and I am debating between the X.Spots and Cyberlights. Just wondering which product you would buy and what your reasoning is.

Thanks!

Matt
Parents
  • It sort of depends on which model of each (there were several models of both the x.Spot and Cyberlight).

For arguments' sake I'm going to assume we are talking about the top model of each: Cyberlight Turbo & x.Spot Xtreme (I'm also assuming you are not wanting to know about the brand new Cyberlight 2.0 which is entirely different)

Cyberlights are much brighter and move much faster. They are also the only moving light I have ever worked with that allows you to have both gobo wheels sharp at the same time.

x.Spots have better optics and better/smoother color mixing, they move more fluidly as well (albeit more slowly). You can put more gobos into them than the Cybers and have 16 bit index/rotation control (as opposed the the Cyber's 8-bit). They also have a very fast Iris mechanism.

Hope this helps. :)
  • It sort of depends on which model of each (there were several models of both the x.Spot and Cyberlight).

For arguments' sake I'm going to assume we are talking about the top model of each: Cyberlight Turbo & x.Spot Xtreme (I'm also assuming you are not wanting to know about the brand new Cyberlight 2.0 which is entirely different)

Cyberlights are much brighter and move much faster. They are also the only moving light I have ever worked with that allows you to have both gobo wheels sharp at the same time.

x.Spots have better optics and better/smoother color mixing, they move more fluidly as well (albeit more slowly). You can put more gobos into them than the Cybers and have 16 bit index/rotation control (as opposed the the Cyber's 8-bit). They also have a very fast Iris mechanism.

Hope this helps. :)
Children
No Data
Related