technobeam color wheel problem

I have a technobeam tha
t just yesterday the color wheel stopped working. It jerks a little like it's trying to move but won't spin. There is a fair amount of resistance when trying to move it by hand, not sure if that's normal. No unusual output on the lcd. Any ideas?

Also I have another one that blew its main fuse, after I replaced it, the unit works fine except shows spinning letters/symbols on the led 24 hours a day, whether on, in use or idle mode.

Thanks!
Parents
  • Well, you still haven't really answered the question that I was asking - does the wheel turn freely, when moved by hand, with the fixture turned off? I am assuming yes, based on your comments, but still not quite sure . . . .

To test, you can try a couple of things . . . the driver chips are U18 through U25, and the part type is 3773, which are pretty common, inexpensive, and easily available, and should be socketed. Unfortunately, I can't find a diagram specifically telling you which one drives the color wheel, but usually a good look at the board will make that apparent. Once you have that figured out, you can either swap the chip with say the gobo wheel driver chip, and see if the problem moves, or you can swap the motor leads on the board and see if the problem moves. If it does, you need a new driver chip. If not, it's the motor or a broken wiring harness . . .

All the driver chips are socketed, so swapping parts to test is pretty simple. Hopefully someone else here can give you the specific chip number for the color wheel driver . . .

- Tim
  • Well, you still haven't really answered the question that I was asking - does the wheel turn freely, when moved by hand, with the fixture turned off? I am assuming yes, based on your comments, but still not quite sure . . . .

To test, you can try a couple of things . . . the driver chips are U18 through U25, and the part type is 3773, which are pretty common, inexpensive, and easily available, and should be socketed. Unfortunately, I can't find a diagram specifically telling you which one drives the color wheel, but usually a good look at the board will make that apparent. Once you have that figured out, you can either swap the chip with say the gobo wheel driver chip, and see if the problem moves, or you can swap the motor leads on the board and see if the problem moves. If it does, you need a new driver chip. If not, it's the motor or a broken wiring harness . . .

All the driver chips are socketed, so swapping parts to test is pretty simple. Hopefully someone else here can give you the specific chip number for the color wheel driver . . .

- Tim
Children
No Data
Related