technobeam color wheel problem

I have a technobeam tha
t just yesterday the color wheel stopped working. It jerks a little like it's trying to move but won't spin. There is a fair amount of resistance when trying to move it by hand, not sure if that's normal. No unusual output on the lcd. Any ideas?

Also I have another one that blew its main fuse, after I replaced it, the unit works fine except shows spinning letters/symbols on the led 24 hours a day, whether on, in use or idle mode.

Thanks!
Parents
  • so i very carefully swapped successive sets of driver chips, right to left, unplugging the fixture between swaps and observing its behavior when back on...

i finally got to the last 3 on the left, after i swapped them and plugged the fixture back in, i smelled a nasty smell and the fixture went to NNNN. i immediately unplugged it, one of the two chips i just swapped smelled burnt (the main pcb smelled fine). i took it back out and from that point forward instead of NNNN the LED display was fully lit up (all segments).

I assume my main PCB is fried? If so, does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix it cheaper than buying a brand new PCB from high end for $500?

Thanks... :( :( :(
  • so i very carefully swapped successive sets of driver chips, right to left, unplugging the fixture between swaps and observing its behavior when back on...

i finally got to the last 3 on the left, after i swapped them and plugged the fixture back in, i smelled a nasty smell and the fixture went to NNNN. i immediately unplugged it, one of the two chips i just swapped smelled burnt (the main pcb smelled fine). i took it back out and from that point forward instead of NNNN the LED display was fully lit up (all segments).

I assume my main PCB is fried? If so, does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix it cheaper than buying a brand new PCB from high end for $500?

Thanks... :( :( :(
Children
No Data
Related