technobeam color wheel problem

I have a technobeam tha
t just yesterday the color wheel stopped working. It jerks a little like it's trying to move but won't spin. There is a fair amount of resistance when trying to move it by hand, not sure if that's normal. No unusual output on the lcd. Any ideas?

Also I have another one that blew its main fuse, after I replaced it, the unit works fine except shows spinning letters/symbols on the led 24 hours a day, whether on, in use or idle mode.

Thanks!
Parents
  • There are very, very few cases where a board replacement is truly in order. If all else fails, give LightParts a call - they can usually service pretty much anything for well below the cost of replacement.

Any chance that you errantly swapped a chip that wasn't a driver, or got one in backwards? Just swapping stepper drivers should not be able to cause a problem like this . . . .

- Tim
  • There are very, very few cases where a board replacement is truly in order. If all else fails, give LightParts a call - they can usually service pretty much anything for well below the cost of replacement.

Any chance that you errantly swapped a chip that wasn't a driver, or got one in backwards? Just swapping stepper drivers should not be able to cause a problem like this . . . .

- Tim
Children
No Data
Related