This Trackspot part is called...??

I want to order two items and am not sure of their correct names.

The first one is a thick lens that is attached to a L-shaped piece of aluminum and is located right after the lamp assembly. Can someone confirm that this is called a "Hot Mirror"? Also, mine has cracked glass - can the whole assembly be replaced instead of dealing with RTV to attach it to the existing L-bracket?

The second part is a sort of "hub" that you attach to the motor shaft and holds either the color wheel or gobo wheel.

Any assistance, as always, is appreciated.

John M. Bedell
Parents
  • [QUOTE=John B.;44858]I want to order two items and am not sure of their correct names.

The first one is a thick lens that is attached to a L-shaped piece of aluminum and is located right after the lamp assembly. Can someone confirm that this is called a "Hot Mirror"? Also, mine has cracked glass - can the whole assembly be replaced instead of dealing with RTV to attach it to the existing L-bracket?

The second part is a sort of "hub" that you attach to the motor shaft and holds either the color wheel or gobo wheel.

John M. Bedell

HES used to sell just the glass. Coating towards the lamp! For this to be done correctly use red silicone (hi temp). Apply and allow it to set for 15 minutes. I use to use a (g) guitar string to set the distance from the glass to the holder as the glass does not go up to it tight. This space allows the glass to expand and contract due to the high heat involved with out breaking. The gap needs to be about 1/32 of an inch.
  • [QUOTE=John B.;44858]I want to order two items and am not sure of their correct names.

John M. Bedell

HES used to sell just the glass. Coating towards the lamp! For this to be done correctly use red silicone (hi temp). Apply and allow it to set for 15 minutes. I use to use a (g) guitar string to set the distance from the glass to the holder as the glass does not go up to it tight. This space allows the glass to expand and contract due to the high heat involved with out breaking. The gap needs to be about 1/32 of an inch.
Children
No Data
Related