STUDIO COLOR 575s ~ Can a 208v be made 110v?

Hi! {my 2nd first post, lost the other one, please be kind}:o

The production house I work in has a group of sco 575s units. Most of them are 110v, and two 208v. I recently started to go through to PM all the units and discovered I have a 208 & a 110 in the shop in various stages of destruction. It was brought to my attention a question of would it be possible to take the PCBs from the 110v unit & swap them out with the 208v unit to create an operational 110v unit to be put back in service.

I will be testing the 110 boards by swapping them 1 by 1 with a known good unit to make sure they are usable. But is there anything else on the 208 unit that will not play nice if the boards are converted with the 110s?

Thanks!

Jon Barnes
Parents
  • The 110v units all have 575s as a designation, as does the end cap/board from the one that is in pieces. I am told that the 208v units are also the *s* design, but as I have been reading I am thinking they are *m*, as the owner & the previous tech claim that they only do 208v. The *m* series is the only one I have come across with that restriction. I will be in house tomorrow & will verify its actual designation.

That aside, would any issues arise if the three, [2 smaller on end caps, and main board], circuit boards were to be swapped across into the 208v unit, re-lamp, and run as a 110v unit. It seems that those boards are the only thing defining the voltage requirements, ballast, etc., as physically they look the same externally, and on the spec sheets. And the part numbers on the wheel, tilt, & pan motors are the same.

I guess my question would be then: "can I take the guts from an 'S' & plop them into an 'M' body, and have a healthy living unit?"

{I feel like Dr. Frankenstein}
    Jon B
  • The 110v units all have 575s as a designation, as does the end cap/board from the one that is in pieces. I am told that the 208v units are also the *s* design, but as I have been reading I am thinking they are *m*, as the owner & the previous tech claim that they only do 208v. The *m* series is the only one I have come across with that restriction. I will be in house tomorrow & will verify its actual designation.

That aside, would any issues arise if the three, [2 smaller on end caps, and main board], circuit boards were to be swapped across into the 208v unit, re-lamp, and run as a 110v unit. It seems that those boards are the only thing defining the voltage requirements, ballast, etc., as physically they look the same externally, and on the spec sheets. And the part numbers on the wheel, tilt, & pan motors are the same.

I guess my question would be then: "can I take the guts from an 'S' & plop them into an 'M' body, and have a healthy living unit?"

{I feel like Dr. Frankenstein}
    Jon B
Children
No Data
Related