STUDIO COLOR 575s ~ problem w/sticky yellow colour wheel

Hello all!
I am PM'ing several sco's & found the yellow wheel sticking\rough on each one. I was wondering if this is a common thing on the 575'S'.
After pulling the wheels I noticed the shafts are gunky, but the frost & magenta wheels rotate fine. Is this due to the yellow being in the middle? If so, why doesn't the cyan on the other shaft misbehave as well?:06:

Has anyone else noticed this?

Just wondering, Thanks !

Jon B

P.S. I think I have found the cause. The unit I just tore apart had a big sticky lube-blob at the base of the shaft. Doesn't answer why the same one of six wheels consistently is afflicted. FYI I am not using any lube when re-assembling per others tips.
Parents
  • I have older units, and found that they had gunked up and gotten a bit sticky as well, so completely tore down the optics on all of them, and cleaned and used just a miniscule film of high temp lube on them, and things have been as good as new ever since. My recollection is that HES suggested Krytox (Spell?) high temp grease, and due to the $$$ cost, I went with high temp auto brake caliper grease, which appears to be holding up just fine after three years. Dry is also an option, but I didn't go down that road, for one reason or another . . .

- Tim
  • I have older units, and found that they had gunked up and gotten a bit sticky as well, so completely tore down the optics on all of them, and cleaned and used just a miniscule film of high temp lube on them, and things have been as good as new ever since. My recollection is that HES suggested Krytox (Spell?) high temp grease, and due to the $$$ cost, I went with high temp auto brake caliper grease, which appears to be holding up just fine after three years. Dry is also an option, but I didn't go down that road, for one reason or another . . .

- Tim
Children
No Data
Related