STUDIO COLOR 575s ~ problem w/sticky yellow colour wheel

Hello all!
I am PM'ing several sco's & found the yellow wheel sticking\rough on each one. I was wondering if this is a common thing on the 575'S'.
After pulling the wheels I noticed the shafts are gunky, but the frost & magenta wheels rotate fine. Is this due to the yellow being in the middle? If so, why doesn't the cyan on the other shaft misbehave as well?:06:

Has anyone else noticed this?

Just wondering, Thanks !

Jon B

P.S. I think I have found the cause. The unit I just tore apart had a big sticky lube-blob at the base of the shaft. Doesn't answer why the same one of six wheels consistently is afflicted. FYI I am not using any lube when re-assembling per others tips.
Parents
  • The boss won't shell out $100 for 3oz of lube, otherwise I would be doing what another poster suggested by applying Krytox with a light paint brush. Others have suggested the high temp brake caliper grease, but the majority opinion I have come across recommends making sure everything is totally cleaned of anything & run with that. But if it has been good for you for ~3 years, I may try it.

I'm not sure about the iris gears & such needing lube. I had not noticed any on the other units. But the unit that had the lube blob also has enough grease on the gears to totally muck up my cleaning rags & make a mess out of what I had already cleaned. [strike that, there is none on 2 of the other units. So I guess I now will be parting down to whole assy. for cleaning]
    yuk.
    Jon B
  • The boss won't shell out $100 for 3oz of lube, otherwise I would be doing what another poster suggested by applying Krytox with a light paint brush. Others have suggested the high temp brake caliper grease, but the majority opinion I have come across recommends making sure everything is totally cleaned of anything & run with that. But if it has been good for you for ~3 years, I may try it.

I'm not sure about the iris gears & such needing lube. I had not noticed any on the other units. But the unit that had the lube blob also has enough grease on the gears to totally muck up my cleaning rags & make a mess out of what I had already cleaned. [strike that, there is none on 2 of the other units. So I guess I now will be parting down to whole assy. for cleaning]
    yuk.
    Jon B
Children
No Data
Related