STUDIO COLOR 575s ~ problem w/sticky yellow colour wheel

Hello all!
I am PM'ing several sco's & found the yellow wheel sticking\rough on each one. I was wondering if this is a common thing on the 575'S'.
After pulling the wheels I noticed the shafts are gunky, but the frost & magenta wheels rotate fine. Is this due to the yellow being in the middle? If so, why doesn't the cyan on the other shaft misbehave as well?:06:

Has anyone else noticed this?

Just wondering, Thanks !

Jon B

P.S. I think I have found the cause. The unit I just tore apart had a big sticky lube-blob at the base of the shaft. Doesn't answer why the same one of six wheels consistently is afflicted. FYI I am not using any lube when re-assembling per others tips.
Parents
  • I have never lube the iris gears, nor would I think that they would need it, being plastic/nylon/whatever. The only thing I very lightly lube is the center shaft that the wheels ride on - it appears to be steel, with the bronze bushings of the wheels riding on it, and I don't care for metal on metal. As I stated prior, I use just a small enough amount to get a film of high temp brake lube. Considering the stuff is rated to about 600 degrees, it doesn't run . . . .

- Tim
  • I have never lube the iris gears, nor would I think that they would need it, being plastic/nylon/whatever. The only thing I very lightly lube is the center shaft that the wheels ride on - it appears to be steel, with the bronze bushings of the wheels riding on it, and I don't care for metal on metal. As I stated prior, I use just a small enough amount to get a film of high temp brake lube. Considering the stuff is rated to about 600 degrees, it doesn't run . . . .

- Tim
Children
No Data
Related