STUDIO COLOR 575s ~ problem w/sticky yellow colour wheel

Hello all!
I am PM'ing several sco's & found the yellow wheel sticking\rough on each one. I was wondering if this is a common thing on the 575'S'.
After pulling the wheels I noticed the shafts are gunky, but the frost & magenta wheels rotate fine. Is this due to the yellow being in the middle? If so, why doesn't the cyan on the other shaft misbehave as well?:06:

Has anyone else noticed this?

Just wondering, Thanks !

Jon B

P.S. I think I have found the cause. The unit I just tore apart had a big sticky lube-blob at the base of the shaft. Doesn't answer why the same one of six wheels consistently is afflicted. FYI I am not using any lube when re-assembling per others tips.
Parents
  • O.K. One of my former co-worker put in his 2-cents on why the yellow is sticky on all of my units. He says that it may be due to lack of use. Going through the various color mixes is it possible that the yellow diacro had not been utilized, thus from the lack of movement it didn't get "enough exercise", and in his words "became a couch potato"?

It would make sense in a way.
    -Jon B
  • O.K. One of my former co-worker put in his 2-cents on why the yellow is sticky on all of my units. He says that it may be due to lack of use. Going through the various color mixes is it possible that the yellow diacro had not been utilized, thus from the lack of movement it didn't get "enough exercise", and in his words "became a couch potato"?

It would make sense in a way.
    -Jon B
Children
No Data
Related