STUDIO COLOR 575s ~ problem w/sticky yellow colour wheel

Hello all!
I am PM'ing several sco's & found the yellow wheel sticking\rough on each one. I was wondering if this is a common thing on the 575'S'.
After pulling the wheels I noticed the shafts are gunky, but the frost & magenta wheels rotate fine. Is this due to the yellow being in the middle? If so, why doesn't the cyan on the other shaft misbehave as well?:06:

Has anyone else noticed this?

Just wondering, Thanks !

Jon B

P.S. I think I have found the cause. The unit I just tore apart had a big sticky lube-blob at the base of the shaft. Doesn't answer why the same one of six wheels consistently is afflicted. FYI I am not using any lube when re-assembling per others tips.
Parents
  • Hello,

I'm having the same problem with the yellow wheel on some sc.
    I have already cleaned them, replaced belts when needed and even cleaned the motors when they didn't run smootly.
    I had also shutter and iris problem due to the stepper motor not running smootly but using some synthetic lubricant that should withstands temperatures to 450°F or 232°C, did the job. No problems again with shutter and iris (or other wheels).
    Some of the plastic gearwheels are coming loose from the glass but with this wheels are always coming back to the initial point.

But the problem with the yellow wheels comes back, sometimes after some months, sometimes after some weeks but with the last two Studio Colors, it came back the next day !

So why the yellow wheel and not the other wheels ?
    Perhaps I must use grease instead of lubricant ? I trying to locate the Krytox stuff.
    And the belt should it be losely of should it be rather tight ?

Thanks for any respons.

StafVG
  • Hello,

I'm having the same problem with the yellow wheel on some sc.
    I have already cleaned them, replaced belts when needed and even cleaned the motors when they didn't run smootly.
    I had also shutter and iris problem due to the stepper motor not running smootly but using some synthetic lubricant that should withstands temperatures to 450°F or 232°C, did the job. No problems again with shutter and iris (or other wheels).
    Some of the plastic gearwheels are coming loose from the glass but with this wheels are always coming back to the initial point.

But the problem with the yellow wheels comes back, sometimes after some months, sometimes after some weeks but with the last two Studio Colors, it came back the next day !

So why the yellow wheel and not the other wheels ?
    Perhaps I must use grease instead of lubricant ? I trying to locate the Krytox stuff.
    And the belt should it be losely of should it be rather tight ?

Thanks for any respons.

StafVG
Children
No Data
Related