Stepper Motors ??

Hello,

I've recently bought second hand old Std Colors & Spots, they are in a very bad shape , not used since 2 years probably, but for what i paid it was okay .. anyway i started the mission of bringing them back to life .. i have good experience with Robe machines , but not high end , but i found that they are easier to clean and maintain ... but one problem is that i think due to the long time of inactivity 95% of the wheels Motors are stuck , so i started taking them out cleaning them and oil spraying them , some of them worked fine , but some are very weak and cant rotate the wheels or close iris , or whatever is their job .. so i just want an expert opinion , could the driver be the issue , because i'm trying to find the cheapest solution , i dont want to end up buying new motor (FINANCIAL CRISES) 10 motors per head , 60 Heads ... 600 motors .... u do the math ... so any help would be appreciated ...

Thank You
Parents
  • Swap the lead to a channel that is known good, and that will verify the drivers. If a driver chip loses a phase, then yes, a motor can get very weak. If you rotate the good and weak motors by hand, do they feel the same? Similar amount of resistance, and can you feel the "steps" about the same in both? If not, bad motor, if so, very possibly a driver chip issue . . .

- Tim
  • Swap the lead to a channel that is known good, and that will verify the drivers. If a driver chip loses a phase, then yes, a motor can get very weak. If you rotate the good and weak motors by hand, do they feel the same? Similar amount of resistance, and can you feel the "steps" about the same in both? If not, bad motor, if so, very possibly a driver chip issue . . .

- Tim
Children
No Data
Related