Stepper Motors ??

Hello,

I've recently bought second hand old Std Colors & Spots, they are in a very bad shape , not used since 2 years probably, but for what i paid it was okay .. anyway i started the mission of bringing them back to life .. i have good experience with Robe machines , but not high end , but i found that they are easier to clean and maintain ... but one problem is that i think due to the long time of inactivity 95% of the wheels Motors are stuck , so i started taking them out cleaning them and oil spraying them , some of them worked fine , but some are very weak and cant rotate the wheels or close iris , or whatever is their job .. so i just want an expert opinion , could the driver be the issue , because i'm trying to find the cheapest solution , i dont want to end up buying new motor (FINANCIAL CRISES) 10 motors per head , 60 Heads ... 600 motors .... u do the math ... so any help would be appreciated ...

Thank You
Parents
  • I guess I look at it from the standpoint that getting the motor in and out of the fixture is typically the slow part. Once it's out, bearings are a couple of bucks each, vs $70 or so for a motor, and the labor to put the bearings in is a few minutes at best . . . I guess it depends on who is paying, too . . . I own my own stuff, so try to be a bit more aware of costs that I may not need to spend than I might be if I had spare stock and someone else putting up the $$$.

- Tim
  • I guess I look at it from the standpoint that getting the motor in and out of the fixture is typically the slow part. Once it's out, bearings are a couple of bucks each, vs $70 or so for a motor, and the labor to put the bearings in is a few minutes at best . . . I guess it depends on who is paying, too . . . I own my own stuff, so try to be a bit more aware of costs that I may not need to spend than I might be if I had spare stock and someone else putting up the $$$.

- Tim
Children
No Data
Related