Stepper Motors ??

Hello,

I've recently bought second hand old Std Colors & Spots, they are in a very bad shape , not used since 2 years probably, but for what i paid it was okay .. anyway i started the mission of bringing them back to life .. i have good experience with Robe machines , but not high end , but i found that they are easier to clean and maintain ... but one problem is that i think due to the long time of inactivity 95% of the wheels Motors are stuck , so i started taking them out cleaning them and oil spraying them , some of them worked fine , but some are very weak and cant rotate the wheels or close iris , or whatever is their job .. so i just want an expert opinion , could the driver be the issue , because i'm trying to find the cheapest solution , i dont want to end up buying new motor (FINANCIAL CRISES) 10 motors per head , 60 Heads ... 600 motors .... u do the math ... so any help would be appreciated ...

Thank You
Parents
  • tip for motors I have gotten motors for as little as $7.50ea - $12.50(and yes they where new). I have rebuilt them too and have most last a few weeks and i did have one last 2 years!(I mark the date anytime I put a motor in just so I can track) I put a new one strait from high end motor that went in 8 mos. I guess what I'm saying is that it's a big crap shoot sometimes!! With that said I don't waste my time putting used motors in my lights but.......if I'm out of motors and one fails at a gig I find it can't hurt to try a quick rebuild, most times I get though a gig. I have read that but have not looked in to it, but most motor can be re-magnetize not rebuilt.

oh, one more tip if you get motors try and get ones with the longer shaft! the motors are the same (size 17 that is) you can cut them down. I keep a few long ones in my tool box with a hack saw to do on gig repairs. also the non hes part no for most lights is : 17PM-K310-*** (the last three digits are the shaft config/size)
  • tip for motors I have gotten motors for as little as $7.50ea - $12.50(and yes they where new). I have rebuilt them too and have most last a few weeks and i did have one last 2 years!(I mark the date anytime I put a motor in just so I can track) I put a new one strait from high end motor that went in 8 mos. I guess what I'm saying is that it's a big crap shoot sometimes!! With that said I don't waste my time putting used motors in my lights but.......if I'm out of motors and one fails at a gig I find it can't hurt to try a quick rebuild, most times I get though a gig. I have read that but have not looked in to it, but most motor can be re-magnetize not rebuilt.

oh, one more tip if you get motors try and get ones with the longer shaft! the motors are the same (size 17 that is) you can cut them down. I keep a few long ones in my tool box with a hack saw to do on gig repairs. also the non hes part no for most lights is : 17PM-K310-*** (the last three digits are the shaft config/size)
Children
No Data
Related