Studio Spot 575 - Issues with motor connectors

Hi,

Next issue I have, I noticed on three different units now that the motor wiring connectors (plastic at the end) is VERY brittle and brown in color and have had problems with the plastic cracking and even disintegrating (leaving just the wires) on both the motor and the wiring harness.

The units are 10 years old, but I was wondering if there was something such as a plasticiser that could be put onto the connector to make them less brittle before disconnecting the motors to help avoid the problem and potential expense of needing to replace more than I need to?

Any suggestions would be great!
Parents
  • [QUOTE=Woodj32177;47382]Well,
    A bad motor can cause a sensor error, even if the sensor is working fine.
    maybe some of your folks are replacing sensors when the motors are the problem..
    Josh

Woodj32177 is right on spot. Out of all the sensor errors that I have come across, aside from cleaning the lenses, they have ALL been caused by a bad stepper motor.
    The easy way to find out is to manually turn a known good motor, then check that against any of the steppers possibly involved. There may be a mild/soft detent kinda feel, that is normal. But if you feel a drag, or it is hard to turn, you may have a bad motor.
    If there is a question about it just swap it with a good motor & see if that makes any difference. Just follow the process of elimination.
    The only truly bad sensor I have replaced had physical damage to the connector.
  • [QUOTE=Woodj32177;47382]Well,
    A bad motor can cause a sensor error, even if the sensor is working fine.
    maybe some of your folks are replacing sensors when the motors are the problem..
    Josh

Woodj32177 is right on spot. Out of all the sensor errors that I have come across, aside from cleaning the lenses, they have ALL been caused by a bad stepper motor.
    The easy way to find out is to manually turn a known good motor, then check that against any of the steppers possibly involved. There may be a mild/soft detent kinda feel, that is normal. But if you feel a drag, or it is hard to turn, you may have a bad motor.
    If there is a question about it just swap it with a good motor & see if that makes any difference. Just follow the process of elimination.
    The only truly bad sensor I have replaced had physical damage to the connector.
Children
No Data
Related