Studio Spot 575 - Issues with motor connectors

Hi,

Next issue I have, I noticed on three different units now that the motor wiring connectors (plastic at the end) is VERY brittle and brown in color and have had problems with the plastic cracking and even disintegrating (leaving just the wires) on both the motor and the wiring harness.

The units are 10 years old, but I was wondering if there was something such as a plasticiser that could be put onto the connector to make them less brittle before disconnecting the motors to help avoid the problem and potential expense of needing to replace more than I need to?

Any suggestions would be great!
Parents
  • Well we always send them threw like a thirty minute test in and out and check the fans and sometimes take a air compressor and blow them out, so we are always quick to find problems they just I dont know when it breaks we fix them always. The problem is is that we only have one tech who is also the rental manager who alsos really him and me pull all the shows so it can get backed up in the tech room quick.
    [QUOTE=ericthegeek;47401]He/she really needs to re-think that opinion. Some people get used to consumer-grade products that you use until they break and then thrown then away. Good moving lights aren't like that; They are designed to be serviceable.

Part of the responsibility of owning professional-grade lighting is taking care of your equipment and doing regular maintenance. Good equipment can last for many years, but neglect will quickly degrade the value of the investment.
  • Well we always send them threw like a thirty minute test in and out and check the fans and sometimes take a air compressor and blow them out, so we are always quick to find problems they just I dont know when it breaks we fix them always. The problem is is that we only have one tech who is also the rental manager who alsos really him and me pull all the shows so it can get backed up in the tech room quick.
    [QUOTE=ericthegeek;47401]He/she really needs to re-think that opinion. Some people get used to consumer-grade products that you use until they break and then thrown then away. Good moving lights aren't like that; They are designed to be serviceable.

Part of the responsibility of owning professional-grade lighting is taking care of your equipment and doing regular maintenance. Good equipment can last for many years, but neglect will quickly degrade the value of the investment.
Children
No Data
Related