X-Spot Doesnt work when hung

I have an X-spot that works totaly fine on the desk, running self test and show cues for hours. However, when I go to hang 'em [inverted], he seems afraid of hights and will only run for a short while before the lamp turns off.

Any ideas on what might be getting pinched or caught when the unit is hung vs. floor mounted?

Thanks

-Sam-
Parents
  • Hmm,
    There is all the obvious stuff,
    are the fans running, are they too dirty, etc etc.

Otherwise,
    Topbox sensor may mean nothing, as the 1 of the topbox temp sensors was removed from Xspot years ago.

The only remaining top box sensor is in position 5 on this drawing
    www.highend.com/pdfs/products/xspotxtreme/drawings/fsa003.pdf

The Temp sensor could be plugged into the wrong position.
    I believe the temp sensor is supposed to be plugged into Header hd10 on the Pan 3 phase board.

If the sensor is plugged into the correct position, you could also check in the info menu and see what the sensor is reading.

If it seems to be off, you could try swapping the temp sensor with one from the head, I believe they are the same sensor.

Have you recently changed CPU boards in this fixture?
    Its possible that the software is an older version, Older versions may exist in your spare part inventory..
    Some of the old versions don't know that the Temp sensor has been removed.
    All your xspots should have 4.1.5. a crossload from a working xspot would solve this issue.

If it is none of these issues, I would try swapping the 3 phase boards, and see if the issue changes at all.

Good Luck,
    feel free to give me a call if you are still stuck.

Joshua Wood
    Vee Production Services
    Electric Shop Manager-Touring
  • Hmm,
    There is all the obvious stuff,
    are the fans running, are they too dirty, etc etc.

Otherwise,
    Topbox sensor may mean nothing, as the 1 of the topbox temp sensors was removed from Xspot years ago.

The only remaining top box sensor is in position 5 on this drawing
    www.highend.com/pdfs/products/xspotxtreme/drawings/fsa003.pdf

The Temp sensor could be plugged into the wrong position.
    I believe the temp sensor is supposed to be plugged into Header hd10 on the Pan 3 phase board.

If the sensor is plugged into the correct position, you could also check in the info menu and see what the sensor is reading.

If it seems to be off, you could try swapping the temp sensor with one from the head, I believe they are the same sensor.

Have you recently changed CPU boards in this fixture?
    Its possible that the software is an older version, Older versions may exist in your spare part inventory..
    Some of the old versions don't know that the Temp sensor has been removed.
    All your xspots should have 4.1.5. a crossload from a working xspot would solve this issue.

If it is none of these issues, I would try swapping the 3 phase boards, and see if the issue changes at all.

Good Luck,
    feel free to give me a call if you are still stuck.

Joshua Wood
    Vee Production Services
    Electric Shop Manager-Touring
Children
No Data
Related