X-Spot Doesnt work when hung

I have an X-spot that works totaly fine on the desk, running self test and show cues for hours. However, when I go to hang 'em [inverted], he seems afraid of hights and will only run for a short while before the lamp turns off.

Any ideas on what might be getting pinched or caught when the unit is hung vs. floor mounted?

Thanks

-Sam-
Parents
  • TopBox Fan 2 is for the lamp power supply, so my guess would be that TopBox Temp 2 would be associated with it, which is also consistent with the fixture lamping off.

As others have said, check the fans - especially those in the fixture base ("TopBox") as opposed to the head, and ensure that everything has good airflow and is running.

With a software issue (old version, whatever . . ) I would expect identical behaviour no matter what orientation your fixture was hung in. On this one, I think it's a real hardware problem related to cooling . . .

- Tim
  • TopBox Fan 2 is for the lamp power supply, so my guess would be that TopBox Temp 2 would be associated with it, which is also consistent with the fixture lamping off.

As others have said, check the fans - especially those in the fixture base ("TopBox") as opposed to the head, and ensure that everything has good airflow and is running.

With a software issue (old version, whatever . . ) I would expect identical behaviour no matter what orientation your fixture was hung in. On this one, I think it's a real hardware problem related to cooling . . .

- Tim
Children
No Data
Related