X-Spot Doesnt work when hung

I have an X-spot that works totaly fine on the desk, running self test and show cues for hours. However, when I go to hang 'em [inverted], he seems afraid of hights and will only run for a short while before the lamp turns off.

Any ideas on what might be getting pinched or caught when the unit is hung vs. floor mounted?

Thanks

-Sam-
Parents
  • Hey Gang,
    Had a chance to flip the light over and work on it in its inverted position. It's our spare, so i've had lots of time to poke at it.
    In addition the LPS not being quite locked into its mounts, the cables going to the I/O card were swinging into the LPS fan, stopping it completely. After securing everything and re-directing the cables near the LPS, the light is now funtioning flawlessly.

Thanks
  • Hey Gang,
    Had a chance to flip the light over and work on it in its inverted position. It's our spare, so i've had lots of time to poke at it.
    In addition the LPS not being quite locked into its mounts, the cables going to the I/O card were swinging into the LPS fan, stopping it completely. After securing everything and re-directing the cables near the LPS, the light is now funtioning flawlessly.

Thanks
Children
No Data
Related