Trackspot Color Wheel Homing Issue

Hi,

I have an early version of the Trackspot (Lightwave Research model) which has a color wheel that will not home. If I move it by hand and "force" it to the correct position, self-test then runs fine.

Do I have a bad motor, sensor or IC? I dusted the sensor and checked for a rubbing wheel but these two items look okay. Any help is appreciated.
Thank you.

John M. Bedell
Parents
  • I found the problem - it's fixed, but here's the scoop for others who may have the same problem.

I had replaced a motor on this unit earlier and ended up pinching a wire from the gobo sensor harness under the shutter motor and motor bracket assembly. This gave me intermittent self-test/no self-test conditions. Just by rocking the bracket assembly (for all three motors) back and forth a bit (with mount screws still in), I was able to get things to work. I relocated the harness behind the assembly (running by the three mount screws) and it's all set. Hope this helps others.

John M. Bedell
  • I found the problem - it's fixed, but here's the scoop for others who may have the same problem.

I had replaced a motor on this unit earlier and ended up pinching a wire from the gobo sensor harness under the shutter motor and motor bracket assembly. This gave me intermittent self-test/no self-test conditions. Just by rocking the bracket assembly (for all three motors) back and forth a bit (with mount screws still in), I was able to get things to work. I relocated the harness behind the assembly (running by the three mount screws) and it's all set. Hope this helps others.

John M. Bedell
Children
No Data
Related