DMX Software/Widget

I'm looking at taking the leap from wrestling with my Technobeam and Intellabeam LCD Controllers to DMX and need some help. So far, the three big contenders that jump out at me are these:

1) HES Hog 3PC / USB DMX Widget ($2,200) - This one's obvious, controlling HES with HES. Biggest downside for me is the price (I'm in the military, I'm broke... nuff said)

2) Martin LightJockey2 / Universal USB/DMX Interface ($1,300) - I messed around with this software a bit. Not bad looking, but it looked like software that came out ten years ago. I guess for that price I'd expect something a little more modern.

3) Enttec Lightfactory V2 / DMX USB Pro ($151/$60 for open source) - This is really the one I'm leaning towards. I'm attracted to the open-source model because of it's versatility, and the price absolutely cannot be beat. Plus I like the idea of being able to try different software to find the one I like best.

So that's what I'm looking at. How do these systems compare performance-wise? Will they be able to fully support my setup? (I've got four T-Beams and four T-Spots.)

Thanks in advance.:)
Parents
  • Hi,

I would say that you might want to think about the future of your rigg, rather than what you have now.
    If you go with Entech, you´ll have no real upgrade options.
    Just a few situations:
    1. You really would like some faders and buttons: Then you can buy a Wing if you go with HOG PC
    1½. You want more Buttons, you buy a 17" TouchScreen and gets 150 executors (Scenes) on one screen..
    2. Other person covering for you or comes in with more gear: MUCH bigger chance that that guy/girl knows the HOG than the others
    3. Your stage gets bigger, you buy more gear, you get really good and gets hired to do a festival/show/ tour with your friends band...
    - Then use your HOG PC and rent Wings or you plain state HOG and of you go! No time lost on learning what ever desk/system

And i think you got the Price on the HOG PC wrong, should be lower (I am in Europe so...)

My 5cents, good luck
  • Hi,

I would say that you might want to think about the future of your rigg, rather than what you have now.
    If you go with Entech, you´ll have no real upgrade options.
    Just a few situations:
    1. You really would like some faders and buttons: Then you can buy a Wing if you go with HOG PC
    1½. You want more Buttons, you buy a 17" TouchScreen and gets 150 executors (Scenes) on one screen..
    2. Other person covering for you or comes in with more gear: MUCH bigger chance that that guy/girl knows the HOG than the others
    3. Your stage gets bigger, you buy more gear, you get really good and gets hired to do a festival/show/ tour with your friends band...
    - Then use your HOG PC and rent Wings or you plain state HOG and of you go! No time lost on learning what ever desk/system

And i think you got the Price on the HOG PC wrong, should be lower (I am in Europe so...)

My 5cents, good luck
Children
No Data
Related