Studio Color 575 - LogicBoard issue

One of my studio color 575 has a problem with the logic board. The board seems to have no power, the display and motors are dead, but the LEDs for DMX and Lamp status are working. I replaced the whole power supply but the problem is the same. Should I replace the whole logic board? I can not believe its damaged, because the LEDs are still working..
Parents
  • U13 is a regulator that pretty much provides all logic power to the board . . . only the motor power goes around it, and with no logic to the motor drivers, they will be limp as well. A global failure as you describe is likely something that simple . . . and with the schematics being available on the HES site, it should be a simple matter of metering regulator input and output to see if this is the issue, and for someone with decent PCB soldering/rework skills, a pretty trivial item to replace.

If all else fails, LightParts should be able to repair the board at a far lower cost than replacement if that is all that has failed.

- Tim
  • U13 is a regulator that pretty much provides all logic power to the board . . . only the motor power goes around it, and with no logic to the motor drivers, they will be limp as well. A global failure as you describe is likely something that simple . . . and with the schematics being available on the HES site, it should be a simple matter of metering regulator input and output to see if this is the issue, and for someone with decent PCB soldering/rework skills, a pretty trivial item to replace.

If all else fails, LightParts should be able to repair the board at a far lower cost than replacement if that is all that has failed.

- Tim
Children
No Data
Related