Studio Color 575 - LogicBoard issue

One of my studio color 575 has a problem with the logic board. The board seems to have no power, the display and motors are dead, but the LEDs for DMX and Lamp status are working. I replaced the whole power supply but the problem is the same. Should I replace the whole logic board? I can not believe its damaged, because the LEDs are still working..
Parents
  • [QUOTE=Sille;50620]You were right. U13 was the faulty component. Now, another washlight has the same problem. On the schematic there is the regulator LM2596 but on the board there is the following regulator: LM2576 HVS 5.0 Do you think this could be the problem or do you think it doesnt matter which of them is on the board?

The difference between these two units is: The LM2596 regulates between 7 - 40 V and the other one between 4,75 - 60 V

Are they the same exact board? The Studio Color 575 schematic shows the LM2596 regulator, and the Studio Color M/S schematic shows the LM2576 HVS. Considering that the circuit is pretty much identical, I would wager that they are equivalent. Looking at the specs, they are both 3amp 5volt switching regulators, with the difference being that the 2576 is a 52KHz switch frequency device, and the 2596 is a 152KHz switcher . . . probably a bit more efficient due to the higher freq. The 2596 schematic has a smaller filter inductor as well, owing to the higher frequency . . .

Bottom line is, that depending on the age, either is correct - I would replace with what is there, myself.

Have you been having problems with noisy/spiky input power? I would not think that these regulators are normally a high failure part, unless they are getting dirty input . . . might just be chance, though, since these sit behind the motor power supplies . . .

Once other thing, has anyone been doing a lot of movement of heads/etc. with the power off? The motors can generate power back into the circuitry, which can also be detrimental . . .

- Tim
  • [QUOTE=Sille;50620]You were right. U13 was the faulty component. Now, another washlight has the same problem. On the schematic there is the regulator LM2596 but on the board there is the following regulator: LM2576 HVS 5.0 Do you think this could be the problem or do you think it doesnt matter which of them is on the board?

The difference between these two units is: The LM2596 regulates between 7 - 40 V and the other one between 4,75 - 60 V

Are they the same exact board? The Studio Color 575 schematic shows the LM2596 regulator, and the Studio Color M/S schematic shows the LM2576 HVS. Considering that the circuit is pretty much identical, I would wager that they are equivalent. Looking at the specs, they are both 3amp 5volt switching regulators, with the difference being that the 2576 is a 52KHz switch frequency device, and the 2596 is a 152KHz switcher . . . probably a bit more efficient due to the higher freq. The 2596 schematic has a smaller filter inductor as well, owing to the higher frequency . . .

Bottom line is, that depending on the age, either is correct - I would replace with what is there, myself.

Have you been having problems with noisy/spiky input power? I would not think that these regulators are normally a high failure part, unless they are getting dirty input . . . might just be chance, though, since these sit behind the motor power supplies . . .

Once other thing, has anyone been doing a lot of movement of heads/etc. with the power off? The motors can generate power back into the circuitry, which can also be detrimental . . .

- Tim
Children
No Data
Related