Studio Color 575 - LogicBoard issue

One of my studio color 575 has a problem with the logic board. The board seems to have no power, the display and motors are dead, but the LEDs for DMX and Lamp status are working. I replaced the whole power supply but the problem is the same. Should I replace the whole logic board? I can not believe its damaged, because the LEDs are still working..
Parents
  • I *MUST* be soldered, or it won't work . . . so if it is loose, then you found the problem, and it is mechanical. If the leads remain, resolder it . . . Crystals can be shock sensitive, so likely it was left up on longer leads and stabilized with silicone to help protect it.

What makes you think it is bad?

Oh, and based on the schematic, X1 is just a crystal - not a full oscillator . . . 32.788 KHz.

- Tim
  • I *MUST* be soldered, or it won't work . . . so if it is loose, then you found the problem, and it is mechanical. If the leads remain, resolder it . . . Crystals can be shock sensitive, so likely it was left up on longer leads and stabilized with silicone to help protect it.

What makes you think it is bad?

Oh, and based on the schematic, X1 is just a crystal - not a full oscillator . . . 32.788 KHz.

- Tim
Children
No Data
Related