Techobeam programming help

i just recieved a technobeam from a blockbuster that closed down in my area. and i was thinking that it would be a cool addition to parties and such get-togethers. its got a basic program on it that shows the different logos for a few seconds each and just moves them across the floor. after searching the internet and reading the manual it said that it had a few preloaded programs that you could set it up to run. i dont have any experience with theater lighting but i was wondering if anyone knows a simple way to program this badboy with out having to spend anymore money on controllers or anything. i juts want it to change colors and move around.. spin the effects wheels and do some strobe stuff, just fun stuff to spice up the atmosphere. i appreciate any response's and thanks for reading!

-Aaron
Parents
  • Aaron,

With Technobeam you will have to program your pan/tilt positions. There is no random position generator (some of our later fixtures had a circle generator macro, but not technobeam). Most of the other functions do have some random setting though (color, gobo, etc).

>>as i understand it you just have to set the tilt and pan of one scene and tell it to take the whole time of the scene to get to the programmed tilt and pan of the next scene????

Yes this is true if you want it to get to its destination.. if you tell it to move in 3 seconds to one side of the room, but 2 seconds in you tell it to point somewhere else then it will never get to the first destination.

The on-board programming really does get quick once you get used to it. I say start playing with it and see how it goes... it is best to copy the scene you are working on to the next scene and then change the subsequent scene. This way you do not have to re-create everything with each scene.
  • Aaron,

With Technobeam you will have to program your pan/tilt positions. There is no random position generator (some of our later fixtures had a circle generator macro, but not technobeam). Most of the other functions do have some random setting though (color, gobo, etc).

>>as i understand it you just have to set the tilt and pan of one scene and tell it to take the whole time of the scene to get to the programmed tilt and pan of the next scene????

Yes this is true if you want it to get to its destination.. if you tell it to move in 3 seconds to one side of the room, but 2 seconds in you tell it to point somewhere else then it will never get to the first destination.

The on-board programming really does get quick once you get used to it. I say start playing with it and see how it goes... it is best to copy the scene you are working on to the next scene and then change the subsequent scene. This way you do not have to re-create everything with each scene.
Children
No Data
Related