StudioColor "Version" Question....

Hi there guys...

Iam considering getting a bunch of StudioColors.. So i just got one rly simple question... What`s the difference between StudioColor M and S???

Thanks alot...
//FranticJ1
Parents
  • Nope, M and S use different motor drivers than the 575 series.

Considering that the motor drivers are a generic, off the shelf part that is in no way unique to High End, I'd consider that almost an irrelevancy myself . . . . and I doubt that HES or LightParts (etc.) is going to cease to stock those chips anyhoo, since they are only a few bucks on the open market . . .

At any rate, the price of $3800 for 4 with cases sounds good here - I paid about $1k each for mine, sans cases about 5 years ago, when the "M" wasn't quite as old. That, and I have not seen the "S" or 575 versions anywhere near that cheap myself . . . so, if they meet your needs, they are a solid, supported fixture . . . choose accordingly!

- Tim
  • Nope, M and S use different motor drivers than the 575 series.

Considering that the motor drivers are a generic, off the shelf part that is in no way unique to High End, I'd consider that almost an irrelevancy myself . . . . and I doubt that HES or LightParts (etc.) is going to cease to stock those chips anyhoo, since they are only a few bucks on the open market . . .

At any rate, the price of $3800 for 4 with cases sounds good here - I paid about $1k each for mine, sans cases about 5 years ago, when the "M" wasn't quite as old. That, and I have not seen the "S" or 575 versions anywhere near that cheap myself . . . so, if they meet your needs, they are a solid, supported fixture . . . choose accordingly!

- Tim
Children
No Data
Related