Studio command reseting

at the moment we're having a problem where one of our studio commands starts up normal then after a while it keeps doing a global reset and the only way to stop it is to turn of the power. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Parents
  • My bad - I guess I missed the "runs OK for a while" part . . . what I was thinking of is a fixture that keeps homing, resetting, rinse lather repeat. And I was referring to the power whip and *internal* power connections, not the source of power . . . I had a fixture start burning an internal connection and loop as I have described.

On this one, I trust that you have tried another lamp? 5 mins is about what an MSR takes to allow restrike . . . ., so the delay may be as simple as the lamp cooling time.

I note also that HES has a service bulletin discussing a thermal switch problem (at least on the 1200 - you don't say which you have . . .), and that they have replaced the part with a higher temp variant, so that would probably be the place to start . . . At the very least a controlled test with the thermal jumpered to see if the problem changes . . .

- Tim
  • My bad - I guess I missed the "runs OK for a while" part . . . what I was thinking of is a fixture that keeps homing, resetting, rinse lather repeat. And I was referring to the power whip and *internal* power connections, not the source of power . . . I had a fixture start burning an internal connection and loop as I have described.

On this one, I trust that you have tried another lamp? 5 mins is about what an MSR takes to allow restrike . . . ., so the delay may be as simple as the lamp cooling time.

I note also that HES has a service bulletin discussing a thermal switch problem (at least on the 1200 - you don't say which you have . . .), and that they have replaced the part with a higher temp variant, so that would probably be the place to start . . . At the very least a controlled test with the thermal jumpered to see if the problem changes . . .

- Tim
Children
No Data
Related