Cyber color homing issue . ..

I have an -SV that seems to consistently leave a bit of one of the yellow flags in the beam when homing, but cycling the color 100% to 0% gets it in line, and it works perfectly from there on . . . I had a similar issue with a mirror mis-homing when the brake was loose, but on the exploded views of the Cyber, I don't see any kind of brake/plunger on the color flag motors . . . and have not pulled the unit down yet to take a first hand look-see. Are there brakes on these motors, since the flags can be described in many ways, but "balanced" isn't one of them, or ? ? ? ?

Thanks in advance,

- Tim
Parents
  • Thanks Chris - I already had the procedure, but never hurts to be sure. I just wasn't sure that that would be the solution - but now that I think of the limited range of rotation of the flag motors, it *does* seem that a single full step may well introduce more of the flag into the beam that I though . . . at any rate, I'll give it a go and see what gives . . .

- Tim
  • Thanks Chris - I already had the procedure, but never hurts to be sure. I just wasn't sure that that would be the solution - but now that I think of the limited range of rotation of the flag motors, it *does* seem that a single full step may well introduce more of the flag into the beam that I though . . . at any rate, I'll give it a go and see what gives . . .

- Tim
Children
No Data
Related