Trackspot Does not initialize please help

Hello and thanks for the help. I made a brief video to explain the issue. I would really appreciate any advice you can offer!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIGTBshSQEA

Thanks
Parents
  • Hmm, that's a new one for me. My immediate reaction is it's a power buss problem. It's obviously affecting all the driver chips. However, all your indicators seem to be on.

Is the voltage switch correct? Do not switch when energized!

Make sure personality dip 1 is on for test mode.

Have you metered the transformer? Red & red/yellow to yellow should be 12V, R to R/Y should be 24V. Beyond that, bad EPROM sending bad control info?

Have you swapped all the socketed chips from one unit to the other?

Have you called Highend or Lightparts for help?

Might also be a bad board. Have you taken it out & checked the underside for errant metal that might be shorting something out?

Answer these questions, then we go farther.

Other useful info: F4 feeds only the driver chips. It blows if you have a bad chip but not for anything else. Also, ignore F2 & F3. If you'll notice they are only 1/3A fuses. They protect the DMX circuitry from excess voltages and have no other purpose.
  • Hmm, that's a new one for me. My immediate reaction is it's a power buss problem. It's obviously affecting all the driver chips. However, all your indicators seem to be on.

Is the voltage switch correct? Do not switch when energized!

Make sure personality dip 1 is on for test mode.

Have you metered the transformer? Red & red/yellow to yellow should be 12V, R to R/Y should be 24V. Beyond that, bad EPROM sending bad control info?

Have you swapped all the socketed chips from one unit to the other?

Have you called Highend or Lightparts for help?

Might also be a bad board. Have you taken it out & checked the underside for errant metal that might be shorting something out?

Answer these questions, then we go farther.

Other useful info: F4 feeds only the driver chips. It blows if you have a bad chip but not for anything else. Also, ignore F2 & F3. If you'll notice they are only 1/3A fuses. They protect the DMX circuitry from excess voltages and have no other purpose.
Children
No Data
Related