Two low time technos with the same issue . .

I have two used Technos with the 1.3 boards that have the same issue - neither will initialize the processor at all, giving consistent but random junk on the displays.

The odd thing is that these two fixtures were taken out of service in full working condition, packed, and stored in an environmentally conditioned space for about a year, and then shipped to us. Total time on the two was stated to be about 40 hours, and considering the source, I believe that to be true - they are basically in "New in box" condition.

They were run initially on 120V/60Hz, and that is what we have been using here, and the voltage jumpers are correct.

So, the quesion is simply: What can hit two units the same way, in a year of inactivity like this?

Oh, and the 5V supplies are at 4.9 or so, and don't have the diode on them to fail - all power looks good on the logic card . . . .

Anyone have any ideas? Two with an identical issue makes me think this has got to have been seen before . . .

- Tim
Parents
  • The supplier I use has a product that is available either in a bottle, or a pen, for local removal. I was tending towards the pen, since I only need to unmask two small caps - 0606 size, if I recall (but I need to verify).

(Glad I checked - these are 1206 form factor - HUGE for SMD, should be easy! The last I worked with were 0603 . . . that was *NOT* fun . . . )

Also, I rough cleared the goo to check the parts, and a touch of a screwdriver to the top of C15 got the unit to boot, so I am now certain that this is the problem . . .

So thanks again for the pointer! Parts are ordered, and these should off the bench pretty quickly!

- Tim
  • The supplier I use has a product that is available either in a bottle, or a pen, for local removal. I was tending towards the pen, since I only need to unmask two small caps - 0606 size, if I recall (but I need to verify).

(Glad I checked - these are 1206 form factor - HUGE for SMD, should be easy! The last I worked with were 0603 . . . that was *NOT* fun . . . )

Also, I rough cleared the goo to check the parts, and a touch of a screwdriver to the top of C15 got the unit to boot, so I am now certain that this is the problem . . .

So thanks again for the pointer! Parts are ordered, and these should off the bench pretty quickly!

- Tim
Children
No Data
Related