how to program a circle movement with a moving light

I am forever trying to find a way to program my movers to just go in a continuous circle movement. I see it on tv and in concerts all the time. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated!
Parents
  • Brandon,

The circle is pattern is created by applying a Sinewave to the Pan and Tilt parameters but with one of them offset by 90 degrees (cosine).

Inherently a moving mirror fixture can "draw" a circle from its home position.

However, a moving head fixture cannot do this from the home position.
    It will end up looking like a figure 8.
    (to better understand this limitation take a moving head on the bench and just grab the head and try to draw the circle)

You'll first have to tilt the head enough to allow for the drawing of the circle.
    Like 45 degrees say.

If you are using a HOG...
    Grab fixtures
    Tilt heads if needed
    Open Effects Pallet
    Press Circle
    Press Effects Button
    Adjust Effects Parameters
  • Brandon,

The circle is pattern is created by applying a Sinewave to the Pan and Tilt parameters but with one of them offset by 90 degrees (cosine).

Inherently a moving mirror fixture can "draw" a circle from its home position.

However, a moving head fixture cannot do this from the home position.
    It will end up looking like a figure 8.
    (to better understand this limitation take a moving head on the bench and just grab the head and try to draw the circle)

You'll first have to tilt the head enough to allow for the drawing of the circle.
    Like 45 degrees say.

If you are using a HOG...
    Grab fixtures
    Tilt heads if needed
    Open Effects Pallet
    Press Circle
    Press Effects Button
    Adjust Effects Parameters
Children
No Data
Related