Studio color service manual?

Hi,

Can anyone direct me to a pdf location for a service manual for the studio color/spot line? There are lots of very good loose bits of info here, yet I would like a real road map - if it exists.

I have 13 of these and about a 1/3 have had issues - mostly lamp strike issues. I have bought xs logic and power boards, and a couple of ballasts. So, I can make them most of them work by changing parts around. I would really like to know more about what I am doing, tho.

John
Parents
  • With power off, does the head move freely through it's entire range of motion? Typically the "ratcheting" sound from a stepper means that device it is trying to move is stuck/sticking, and causing it to skip steps.

If the head is free, then is the belt too loose or tight? If so, adjust . . . And are you sure it's the motor making the noise, and not the belt skipping teeth on the pulley?

If the head is free, the belt OK, and the motor just seems weak, then it could be the motor or a driver, but typically if you get the hard "stutter", it's just binding . . . if it's weak, you usually don't notice any stuttering. The fixture head should be pretty well balanced, in that there is very little gravity for the motor to overcome . . .

- Tim
  • With power off, does the head move freely through it's entire range of motion? Typically the "ratcheting" sound from a stepper means that device it is trying to move is stuck/sticking, and causing it to skip steps.

If the head is free, then is the belt too loose or tight? If so, adjust . . . And are you sure it's the motor making the noise, and not the belt skipping teeth on the pulley?

If the head is free, the belt OK, and the motor just seems weak, then it could be the motor or a driver, but typically if you get the hard "stutter", it's just binding . . . if it's weak, you usually don't notice any stuttering. The fixture head should be pretty well balanced, in that there is very little gravity for the motor to overcome . . .

- Tim
Children
No Data
Related