Studio color service manual?

Hi,

Can anyone direct me to a pdf location for a service manual for the studio color/spot line? There are lots of very good loose bits of info here, yet I would like a real road map - if it exists.

I have 13 of these and about a 1/3 have had issues - mostly lamp strike issues. I have bought xs logic and power boards, and a couple of ballasts. So, I can make them most of them work by changing parts around. I would really like to know more about what I am doing, tho.

John
Parents
  • On my 8 Studios, the heads all move with no noticeable resistance at any point, and definitely no changes throughout the range of motion. Something is binding in this fixture, or the tilt bearings are going out . . .

Update: I looked at the drawings, and it appears that the motor brakes are only on the newer 'Colors . . . Like yours, mine are older, and don't have them, and there is pretty much zero friction in the tilt axis . . .

- Tim
  • On my 8 Studios, the heads all move with no noticeable resistance at any point, and definitely no changes throughout the range of motion. Something is binding in this fixture, or the tilt bearings are going out . . .

Update: I looked at the drawings, and it appears that the motor brakes are only on the newer 'Colors . . . Like yours, mine are older, and don't have them, and there is pretty much zero friction in the tilt axis . . .

- Tim
Children
No Data
Related