Studio color service manual?

Hi,

Can anyone direct me to a pdf location for a service manual for the studio color/spot line? There are lots of very good loose bits of info here, yet I would like a real road map - if it exists.

I have 13 of these and about a 1/3 have had issues - mostly lamp strike issues. I have bought xs logic and power boards, and a couple of ballasts. So, I can make them most of them work by changing parts around. I would really like to know more about what I am doing, tho.

John
Parents
  • FYI, your video is private, and cannot be viewed . . .

At any rate, glad you got it sorted! With the toothed belts in use in the SC, some tension is good, but (much like screws and light clamps . . . ) more is *NOT* better!

And if I had a buck for everything I was told was "just done by a qualified tech" that was botched to he11 and back, I'd be rich! When I got my Studios, they were supposedly PMed right before sale . . . Yeah, is that why 3 of 8 were jumpered for the wrong voltage? I asked the guy at the company I bought from (one of the majors . . . ) if the last rental or two had griped about output and color temp . . . he replied "How did you know" . . . apparently for years they had missed it . . . Never say never, check it all, and assume nothing on used gear!

Myself, I don't find videos on this stuff of much help at all - things just seem too simple to me, especially in something like an SC. But others may, who knows? Live with them for a bit, and it all sinks in pretty quick!

- Tim
  • FYI, your video is private, and cannot be viewed . . .

At any rate, glad you got it sorted! With the toothed belts in use in the SC, some tension is good, but (much like screws and light clamps . . . ) more is *NOT* better!

And if I had a buck for everything I was told was "just done by a qualified tech" that was botched to he11 and back, I'd be rich! When I got my Studios, they were supposedly PMed right before sale . . . Yeah, is that why 3 of 8 were jumpered for the wrong voltage? I asked the guy at the company I bought from (one of the majors . . . ) if the last rental or two had griped about output and color temp . . . he replied "How did you know" . . . apparently for years they had missed it . . . Never say never, check it all, and assume nothing on used gear!

Myself, I don't find videos on this stuff of much help at all - things just seem too simple to me, especially in something like an SC. But others may, who knows? Live with them for a bit, and it all sinks in pretty quick!

- Tim
Children
No Data
Related