IB700 current

I have an Intellabeam 700 that seemed darker than the other. When I measured the power consumption it turned out that this unit only draws 3,5A (about 600W) at 220V - while the others normally are at 4,5A (around 800W)

I changed the MSR lamps but the behaviour stays the same. Does anybody have an idea what to look for? The power board has screw terminals, so danger of blown contacts is not that high, ... broken ballast, ignitor...? Or is there an undocumented "eco"-mode? :-)
Parents
  • How about the power factor cap? I had one here recently that was getting a bit brown, and then started blowing fuses . . . granted, the opposite of what you have, but caps can fail in two ways . . . and changed the PF cap, and I can't say that I ever recall the fixture as having output as nice as it does now. Since you have other fixtures, try swapping the cap between two and see if anything changes . . . it's easy, and won't cost you anything to try. There are also two SCRs switching the cap, so be sure those are good as well (or just swap a power board between two fixtures while you are testing.) If it's not the PF cap or power board, or lamp, well, not much left other than the ballast or igniter, and I can't say that I have heard of an igniter giving intensity problems . . .

- Tim
  • How about the power factor cap? I had one here recently that was getting a bit brown, and then started blowing fuses . . . granted, the opposite of what you have, but caps can fail in two ways . . . and changed the PF cap, and I can't say that I ever recall the fixture as having output as nice as it does now. Since you have other fixtures, try swapping the cap between two and see if anything changes . . . it's easy, and won't cost you anything to try. There are also two SCRs switching the cap, so be sure those are good as well (or just swap a power board between two fixtures while you are testing.) If it's not the PF cap or power board, or lamp, well, not much left other than the ballast or igniter, and I can't say that I have heard of an igniter giving intensity problems . . .

- Tim
Children
No Data
Related