Cyberlights Various Faults

Hello!

Ok i've 3x poorly Cyberlight CX Lithos

No1 won't lamp on, neither in self test or with DMX, everything else seems to work when in test mode
No2 Lamps on, works fine.. then after an hour or so the bulb lamps off
No3 Won't recieve DMX but will pass it through to the next fixtures

HELP!!

and thanks in advance :notworthy:
Parents
  • [QUOTE=dijistudios;69906]For #1, It's possible that the ignitor has gone bad. Do you see the lamp strike up at all, possibly for a moment and then douse itself? Or does nothing happen at all? If absolutely nothing is happening, I would try and replace the ignitor.

Nothing happens with the bulb at all, you can hear the buzzing as it tries, tried working bulbs from other units but still the same

For Fixture #2, if it's shutting down the power entirely, I would replace the thermal fuse if you can verify that all fans are clean and fully functional. They fuses cut the mains power when they're tripped.

where is the thermal fuse? Is it the thing behind the fans with 4 connectors and a microswitch type thing?

For Fixture #3, depending on the age of the light, try some contact cleaner on the XLR connectors. Deoxit works wonders. If that doesn't help, it's possible the logic board is bad or needs a new bios chip.

it was working fine one night then nothing the night before, it passes dmx through it, so i think the connection is ok

thank you for your time :)
  • [QUOTE=dijistudios;69906]For #1, It's possible that the ignitor has gone bad. Do you see the lamp strike up at all, possibly for a moment and then douse itself? Or does nothing happen at all? If absolutely nothing is happening, I would try and replace the ignitor.

Nothing happens with the bulb at all, you can hear the buzzing as it tries, tried working bulbs from other units but still the same

For Fixture #2, if it's shutting down the power entirely, I would replace the thermal fuse if you can verify that all fans are clean and fully functional. They fuses cut the mains power when they're tripped.

where is the thermal fuse? Is it the thing behind the fans with 4 connectors and a microswitch type thing?

For Fixture #3, depending on the age of the light, try some contact cleaner on the XLR connectors. Deoxit works wonders. If that doesn't help, it's possible the logic board is bad or needs a new bios chip.

it was working fine one night then nothing the night before, it passes dmx through it, so i think the connection is ok

thank you for your time :)
Children
No Data
Related