Xspot care & feeding

Besides occasional cleaning, is there any other periodic maintenance that's helpful in keeping these fixtures happy? Does anything need lubricating (such as the focus worm gears)?

Also, is there a 'typical cause' when a lamp won't strike (no buzz, snap, or noise of any kind), or is it pretty even among lamp ps, igniter, relay, lamp base, etc ? Any docs on troubleshooting steps besides simply swapping parts with a known good fixture?

Thanks!
Parents
  • Thanks for the reply! Ironically, of the 1/2 dozen xspots, I've repaired a power supply, replaced 2 focus motors (added some foil tape in an attempt to shield the focus motors from direct lamp radiation), repaired cracked lamp base wires, and replaced the green segment on one color wheel. Learned a lot tearing these things apart. Fortunately, they are very easy to disassemble (except I've still not found a graceful way of removing the lamp power supply without a fight.)

- Mike
  • Thanks for the reply! Ironically, of the 1/2 dozen xspots, I've repaired a power supply, replaced 2 focus motors (added some foil tape in an attempt to shield the focus motors from direct lamp radiation), repaired cracked lamp base wires, and replaced the green segment on one color wheel. Learned a lot tearing these things apart. Fortunately, they are very easy to disassemble (except I've still not found a graceful way of removing the lamp power supply without a fight.)

- Mike
Children
No Data
Related