Welcome to the DML-1200 Forum

Welcome to the DML-1200 Digital Lighting fixture forum.

Information on the DML-1200 fixture can be found at: www.barco.com/corporate/en/products/product.asp?gennr=1914
Parents
  • [quote=SBlair]The DML-1200 will use a reduced version of the Hippo v3.

The Axon isn't going anywhere and will continue its own development in the DL.3 as well.

Personally I hope this is only for the initial release/first run of the DML units.....

I am not a huge fan of the Hippo servers.....much less a reduced version of one.

Any chance that you guys will be "re-working" the fixture (mechanically as well as the server)???

I certainly hope so b/c I see several things that will be a huge pain long term with these fixtures.

Plus if you put a DL/AXON style server in there you have much more continuity across fixture lines as well as development. And for users, things like changing a shows' inventory/hang from one fixture type to another will be much easier.

Just my personal opinion.:cool:
  • [quote=SBlair]The DML-1200 will use a reduced version of the Hippo v3.

The Axon isn't going anywhere and will continue its own development in the DL.3 as well.

Personally I hope this is only for the initial release/first run of the DML units.....

I am not a huge fan of the Hippo servers.....much less a reduced version of one.

Any chance that you guys will be "re-working" the fixture (mechanically as well as the server)???

I certainly hope so b/c I see several things that will be a huge pain long term with these fixtures.

Plus if you put a DL/AXON style server in there you have much more continuity across fixture lines as well as development. And for users, things like changing a shows' inventory/hang from one fixture type to another will be much easier.

Just my personal opinion.:cool:
Children
No Data