Motor calibration

I had a strange problem with my DL1 that the address always showed 536 every after the first plugged the unit. Since the unit was automatically set out of the correct address number, so I set the start channel manually (address #1 at this time) and it worked. Then once cycle the power, the start channel went back to 536 again.

It might be a CPU board issue so I replaced with a new CPU board with the version 1.5.5 originally installed. The address issue was solved using the new board but the unit requires motor calibration. I forgot the exact message but it was like "Warn: Motor is not aligned..." or something.
I tried motor calibration from the menu and waited for about 30 minutes as the display indicates. Pan started moving a little and wider again and again. When it moved wider, the pan motor mis-stepped. (By the way, the calibration is performed on the stable floor.) I left the unit for more than 30 minutes but the calibration was not finished.
I did not enough time I aborted the calibration and used the unit without calibration.
Can someone tell me the correct way to calibrate motors?

Seki
Parents Reply Children
No Data