3d objects?

i am crossfading from one cue to the next with a different 3d object & different file within each cue. the problem is as i crossfade cues, one half of the 3d object appears with the new file playing and then it jumps in to full 3d object of the file playing. this happens even at different crossfade times (zero count & 5sec crossfade)

DL2 v.1.1.0.684
CMA v.1.0.1.617

any ideas?
Parents
  • Keith,

We seen issues similar to this before, which are currently logged in our system as bug 8069. However, I am having troubles trying to recreate the specific issue you are talking about here. Out of curiosity, could you give us some details on your set-up, such as which control console you are using, are you using art-net or DMX?

Also a specific example of one of your cues would help greatly, i.e. crossfading between which objects and which media files, how many layers you have up simultaneously, etc.

As far as what you are seeing: There are some known glitches that can occur in output when switching certain aspects of a layer while it is visible. Changing the file or object are two of the biggests offenders, but the problem can be magnified if you are also switching other constructs such as scale, rotation, position, etc. at the same time. Once I get some details about your cues, I can hopefully give you a hand in finding a way to work around the issue.
  • Keith,

We seen issues similar to this before, which are currently logged in our system as bug 8069. However, I am having troubles trying to recreate the specific issue you are talking about here. Out of curiosity, could you give us some details on your set-up, such as which control console you are using, are you using art-net or DMX?

Also a specific example of one of your cues would help greatly, i.e. crossfading between which objects and which media files, how many layers you have up simultaneously, etc.

As far as what you are seeing: There are some known glitches that can occur in output when switching certain aspects of a layer while it is visible. Changing the file or object are two of the biggests offenders, but the problem can be magnified if you are also switching other constructs such as scale, rotation, position, etc. at the same time. Once I get some details about your cues, I can hopefully give you a hand in finding a way to work around the issue.
Children
No Data