MPEG2 Encoder

Hey Guys, any suggestions for the Mac people on what encoder to use to turn .MOV(i.e. Catalyst Content) into MPEG2(i.e. DL.2 Content) codec. You only have a recommended Windows utility on the HES site.
Parents
  • Hey Scott,

Right now we only have a Windows recomended utility because we really haven't found a Mac program that we like yet. I talked with our video guy this morning, and he said that he used to use Mac Cleaner but had some issues with interlaced video and other things. He's found some other programs for the Mac that can work, but they are apparently very finiky to get working correctly.

After talking with him, he really recommends the PC utility that's on our website. Probably not what you want to hear, but that nice dual boot Mac Book Pro gives you some options :headbang: I looked through our tutorials and talked with Steve (our video guy) and it all seems really simple. Everything on there is geared toward creating content that will work very well with the DL2 system. There is a link on our support page for a free demo of the encoder that is water mark free, so it gives you a chance to really use it. The program is only $60 for a license.

Steve constantly looks for encoding programs and does a good job evaulating them for use with the DL2. We can keep you updated whenever we find a program that we recommend for Mac use.

Thanks,
  • Hey Scott,

Right now we only have a Windows recomended utility because we really haven't found a Mac program that we like yet. I talked with our video guy this morning, and he said that he used to use Mac Cleaner but had some issues with interlaced video and other things. He's found some other programs for the Mac that can work, but they are apparently very finiky to get working correctly.

After talking with him, he really recommends the PC utility that's on our website. Probably not what you want to hear, but that nice dual boot Mac Book Pro gives you some options :headbang: I looked through our tutorials and talked with Steve (our video guy) and it all seems really simple. Everything on there is geared toward creating content that will work very well with the DL2 system. There is a link on our support page for a free demo of the encoder that is water mark free, so it gives you a chance to really use it. The program is only $60 for a license.

Steve constantly looks for encoding programs and does a good job evaulating them for use with the DL2. We can keep you updated whenever we find a program that we recommend for Mac use.

Thanks,
Children
No Data