MPEG2 Encoder

Hey Guys, any suggestions for the Mac people on what encoder to use to turn .MOV(i.e. Catalyst Content) into MPEG2(i.e. DL.2 Content) codec. You only have a recommended Windows utility on the HES site.
Parents
  • Hi Scott, I freelance custom content for production companies that use DL.2 collages. I am currently using PixelTools HDPro plug-in on my G5. There are a few bugs and the UI isn't as user friendly as some of the PC versions; however, it works.

The customer support is crap, too. I had a glitch upon installing where it wouldn't allow me to open the options pane before exporting. I called PixelTools and their tech said, "If you have Quicktime Pro, it should work..." That's when I knew I was on my own.

I've been talking with Steve (HES's video guy) and, as far as mac encoders go, it seems we're HES's guinea pigs. At this moment, we're having some complications with longer files (10 minutes) playing in a 4x1 collage. DL.2's can be very pickey when it comes to encoder settings.

PixelTools HDProQT is the way (for now).

Just a quick update, almost a year later...

Since then, I recieved in-depth customer support. PixelTools HDProQT works great for the custom content we create. After 4 months of shows & events I believe this is the way to go if you need crisp video/animation to fit your 4x1 array. Thanks to HES for all of the help!
  • Hi Scott, I freelance custom content for production companies that use DL.2 collages. I am currently using PixelTools HDPro plug-in on my G5. There are a few bugs and the UI isn't as user friendly as some of the PC versions; however, it works.

The customer support is crap, too. I had a glitch upon installing where it wouldn't allow me to open the options pane before exporting. I called PixelTools and their tech said, "If you have Quicktime Pro, it should work..." That's when I knew I was on my own.

I've been talking with Steve (HES's video guy) and, as far as mac encoders go, it seems we're HES's guinea pigs. At this moment, we're having some complications with longer files (10 minutes) playing in a 4x1 collage. DL.2's can be very pickey when it comes to encoder settings.

PixelTools HDProQT is the way (for now).

Just a quick update, almost a year later...

Since then, I recieved in-depth customer support. PixelTools HDProQT works great for the custom content we create. After 4 months of shows & events I believe this is the way to go if you need crisp video/animation to fit your 4x1 array. Thanks to HES for all of the help!
Children
No Data