DL2 & Timecode

Is there anyway of Directly Syncing the content inside the DL2 with either LTC or MTC. This is becoming an ever important part of video playback. My Clients have content that is rendered specifically for Timecode and this is critical for them.
Timecoding the console is not reliable enough and won't allow frame for frame syncing.

Hope you can assist.
Oli
Lighting Productions
Parents
  • Oli,

As I mentioned before there may be something like MTC over Ethernet that we could add in the future, but it is a rather complex thing to add and certainly doesn't happen overnight.

Honestly, I'm a bit surprised that you're seeing you need more playback synchronization. We've been running video clips here lately where we have one clip split with multiple projectors each playing a portion of the clip and even on long clips the synchronization between multiple units playing the same video clip has been totally indistinguishable. Once the clips are playing, even on longer ones we're seeing very tight synchronization from unit to unit already with our existing sync over Ethernet.

The only thing I see the MTC buying you is the trigger to start playback. Which can be pretty tightly done using DMX already. What helps is if you have all the other parameters set and then just trigger the movie to play as there shouldn't be any noticable delay at that point.

I would suggest giving it a try as I suggested where you have all the parameters set and just trigger the movie to play...also, have your units linked together with Ethernet so they can do their normal clock sync'ing.

Scott
  • Oli,

As I mentioned before there may be something like MTC over Ethernet that we could add in the future, but it is a rather complex thing to add and certainly doesn't happen overnight.

Honestly, I'm a bit surprised that you're seeing you need more playback synchronization. We've been running video clips here lately where we have one clip split with multiple projectors each playing a portion of the clip and even on long clips the synchronization between multiple units playing the same video clip has been totally indistinguishable. Once the clips are playing, even on longer ones we're seeing very tight synchronization from unit to unit already with our existing sync over Ethernet.

The only thing I see the MTC buying you is the trigger to start playback. Which can be pretty tightly done using DMX already. What helps is if you have all the other parameters set and then just trigger the movie to play as there shouldn't be any noticable delay at that point.

I would suggest giving it a try as I suggested where you have all the parameters set and just trigger the movie to play...also, have your units linked together with Ethernet so they can do their normal clock sync'ing.

Scott
Children
No Data