DL2 & Timecode

Is there anyway of Directly Syncing the content inside the DL2 with either LTC or MTC. This is becoming an ever important part of video playback. My Clients have content that is rendered specifically for Timecode and this is critical for them.
Timecoding the console is not reliable enough and won't allow frame for frame syncing.

Hope you can assist.
Oli
Lighting Productions
Parents
  • Scott,
    Very simply, Audio Sync or Sync with external systems is not possible without a timecode sync.
    Just ask Richard Bleasdale how much he hates me whining about Sync of multiple layers across Catalysts when I am running an audio file.
    Try this too.
    Imagine a very fast piece of content moving dynamically across edges of a blend region and you'll see where the server sync is not as accurate as timecode sync.
    When DL2 are used on a perfectly smooth surface, the blend regions are noticable when the content is a fast moving file.
    This new feature of syncing to timecode would mean wonders for me. I have an install that I have called for 6 blended DL2s on a very smooth curved surface and I am reluctant because of the frame sync especially when I am building all the shows using timecode from an audio server.
  • Scott,
    Very simply, Audio Sync or Sync with external systems is not possible without a timecode sync.
    Just ask Richard Bleasdale how much he hates me whining about Sync of multiple layers across Catalysts when I am running an audio file.
    Try this too.
    Imagine a very fast piece of content moving dynamically across edges of a blend region and you'll see where the server sync is not as accurate as timecode sync.
    When DL2 are used on a perfectly smooth surface, the blend regions are noticable when the content is a fast moving file.
    This new feature of syncing to timecode would mean wonders for me. I have an install that I have called for 6 blended DL2s on a very smooth curved surface and I am reluctant because of the frame sync especially when I am building all the shows using timecode from an audio server.
Children
No Data